Sunday, April 30, 2017

The Excitement of Tulips


  • This isn't the first farmyard we have inhabited for many years, so it's taken awhile to adjust to our new surroundings. I tested an area where an old well resides.  I hoped the cement blocks offer enough warmth when the sun shines to get tulips to grow.  I was right and I am so excited.  Next I will see if I can add to this space and get a repeat performance next year.  I certainly hope so.


  • Some tulips are a bit slower to bloom.  I am thinking the weather has been super cold this spring and I am grateful for the blooms to be spread out a bit.  I can't wait to see what these have in store for us.  I think they look very interesting.  Don't you?
  • Yellow is one of my favorite colors.  Isn't the ruffle on the edge stunning?  I think I will plant more of these in the fall.
  • So here is one of the little rows that I planted out by the well.  I will remove the grass and create an edge to make mowing a little easier now that I know there is "joy in "Mudville." (adaption from Casey At the Bat by Earnest Lawrence Thayer) I may even post a purple tulip in the near future.  I have some of those beginning blooms as well. {smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment